Pages

Friday, July 1, 2016

sustainable garden: gardening is an experiment

here's a confession: i'm only experimenting with my little sustainable garden.  it's actually a game of trial and error for me.  right now, i'm experiencing a "catastrophic event" with my sweet potato leaves.  i didn't see the culprit, but i found tons of holes on the leaves after almost a week of rain.

poor camote tops.  before embarking on this self-made project,  i promised my self to avoid the use of toxic chemicals such as pesticides, insecticides, and other -cides.  i have yet to find the best solution to balance the eco-system in our backyard.


i'm trying to keep my spirit up, though, because gardening is not like brain surgery.  i can definitely learn something from this experience.  thanks to the help of internet and secondhand books, i am finally able to expand my knowledge about issues like this one.


i hope you'll start your own micro-farm now because the sooner you start, the sooner you'll reap the rewards of your labor.  if my black thumbs can do it, you can do it too.  what could be more fulfilling than freshly picked ingredients from your own vegetable garden?



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...