Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

what is normal for me?

normal for me is someone who owns more reliable secondhand things than bright and new things.

normal for me is someone who splurges on high-quality, made-to-last things if he needed to buy it new.

normal for me is someone who prefers handmade over mass-produced things.

normal for me is someone who buys locally manufactured goods than imported (possibly made in sweat shops) goods.

normal for me is someone who surrounds himself with things that he loves over random meaningless clutter.

normal for me is someone who recycles, donates, and sells well-loved but unwanted stuff.

normal for me is someone who walks or rides a bike  to minimize his carbon footprint, especially if it's just a few miles away.

normal for me is someone who loves solitude over noise.  bars and crowded shopping malls are nightmares.

normal for me is someone who can be alone for weeks and still feels like nothing is missing.

normal for me is someone who never gets bored with life.

normal for me is someone who doesn't own any tv and cable sets.  books are far more interesting.

normal for me is someone who gets dizzy with gargantuan billboards and ads.

normal for me is someone who doesn't care about other people's opinion.

normal for me is someone who celebrates imperfections.

normal for me is someone who doesn't equate work or job description with the person's worth.

normal for me is someone who values time over money.

normal for me is someone who  values experiences and people over stuff.

normal for me is someone who finds pleasure on simple things.

normal for me is someone who is content.



don't get me wrong, i am far from perfect.  i used to be a mindless consumer living an insignificant life while chasing superficial things just to fit in and feel normal.  however, after listening to my authentic voice, i now considered such lifestyle very strange. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...