Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

bedroom 4 months post-konmari

i am super glad to report that konmari is 100% effective! it's been four months now since i weeded out my closet using this method of decluttering and no rebound so far.  truth be told,  i haven't had so much luck with my clutter before, especially since i love shopping for second-hand clothes.

this is my closet before.

after konmari.

now, four months post-konmari.

this is the first thing that you will see when you enter my small walk-in closet turned bedroom. the antique chair serves as a catch-all and as a home for my current reads.



you will then see this vignette at the left side consisting of vintage frames and glass mosaic mirror by ikea.



the bed is extremely plain and simple.  i adore the faux shibori pattern on the sheet set which i purchased for only 350 pesos on sale at sm department store.  i decided to forgo the bed frame, headboard, and nightstands.




adjacent to the bed is my open closet and blog spot.  i am really happy that i was able to dispose more than half of my bags and made profit by doing so.  i held onto them for such a long time due to the price i paid and the memories they had on me.  it was very nonsensical and laughable just thinking about it now.




my little blog spot still looks the same as you might have noticed.  i love the vintage ceramic hand forms that i scooped up for 50 pesos a piece at japan surplus.  they complement the decoupaged windows and study table.



the bare wall is still bare.  i like to keep it this way because negative space makes sense in this konmari inspired room.  the empty wall shelf must go though since i won't be using it anymore.  (good bye, dear shelf.  you've served me very well.)


i highly recommend marie kondo's book, the life-changing magic of tidying up if you want to achieve complete freedom from clutter.  ganbatte kudasai.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...