Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

pre-konmari clothes

before falling in love with konmari, i had piles and piles of clothes which cluttered my closet - and my mind - making it extremely difficult for me to dress up in the morning.  these are the only before pictures that i got from my folders.  it is quite shameful looking at them right now and liberating at the same time.




it was unbelievable how much clothes i amassed from years of thrift shopping without enjoying each and every piece.  during the process of streamlining my closet, i had to thank my iranai clothes before i let them go because they taught me one important lesson.  they taught me to see and appreciate the beauty on what is considered as "trash" by most people.  thrift shopping for clothes started my love for all things used, secondhand, and neglected.




i said farewell to more than half of my clothes, and gained personal space that truly speaks to me - a bedroom, open closet, and my little blog spot.  konmari method is more than just getting rid of stuff, but rather focusing on what gives your heart joy.  please read the book, the life-changing magic of tidying up by marie kondo, and prepare for enlightenment.


for update and reveal: http://brandylovesvintage.blogspot.com/2015/10/bedroom-four-months-post-konmari.html

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...