Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

why i sleep on the floor?

it's really funny because i just splurged on a queen-sized mattress few months ago.  now, i'm sleeping again on the floor because it is a lot better for my health and for my soul.  the feeling is very similar to walking barefoot, which is also another habit of mine that people close to me find a bit uncommon.  these two help me connect with my surrounding, especially with the ground or soil.

i have been sleeping on the floor since i was a kid because it improves my breathing, alleviates my lower back pain, soothes my aching shoulder muscles, and in general, helps me achieve a more relaxing deep sleep.  this is a stark contrast to what advertisers of expensive mattresses have been telling its customers for years.  while sleeping on orthopedic bed is somewhat okay, it doesn't really compare to sleeping on a rock-solid surface based on my experience.


also, i don't suffer from sleep apnea or any sleeping disorders, but i almost always wake up with a severe headache whenever i spend a night on a real bed.  the result is quite startling to me, therefore i would really appreciate it if you could direct me to any scientific research regarding this matter.

preparing my bed at night is super fast and easy, too.   i would simply lay down a folded flat sheet over a carpet or area rug, and then throw in a few of my favorite pillows.  i sometimes use beach towels during colder months, but sleep directly on the floor (with or without pillows) during extremely hot summer months.

so, are you ready to make the switch?  please consult your orthopedic doctor first to avoid any health-related problems because, as always, it is not for everyone.  i wish you all a good night's sleep.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...